Point-of-use (POU) water systems are here to stay. There are many benefits to POU and POE water systems offices.
1. Offer peace of mind to the office manager.
Keep the contract for your water solution simple. Immediately calm their concerns about:
- What system to choose
- Hiring a plumber for the installation
- What to do if the system is not operating correctly
- How to replace filters
- Who to call for system maintenance and repair
2. Deliver programmatic solutions.
Deliver solutions for purchasing managers who demand a budgeted and managed program across multiple locations with detailed reports on:
- Service history
3. Be a water expert partner to the facility director.
Particularly if they are in charge of sourcing a large installation that demands a custom solution and equipment particular to the water conditions and location/building environment.
4. Familiarize yourself.
Know each customer, gauge their specific needs, and then deliver the appropriate sales pitch and equipment advice. Remember, consumers have different reasons for why they purchase a water treatment product.
5. Use simple language.
Some customers do not fully understand water chemistry and industry jargon and feel uncomfortable around salespeople. Customers may come to you having already educated themselves, while others would like more education from a fully dedicated and knowledgeable expert.
6. Know the water contamination issues.
Get to know the customer’s current water quality through testing. Water characteristics are different in every town in America. If you are already familiar with the area’s needs, you will be in a great position to match the treatment method to the water quality in that area.
7. Build your brand through excellent customer service.
If you emphasize quality follow up service, you will have the competitive edge over retailers who do not make customer service a priority. A customer who feels taken care of is more likely to be a repeat customer— and tell their friends about your business or service.
8. Emphasize advantage.
The customer needs to know what they will gain by using a commercial dealer. Make sure they understand if they select to buy a POU through a retailer, they will be installing it themselves- or having to find someone else to do it. However, if a professional installs the system, there is less risk of leak or installation failure.
9. Jump on current trends.
The current trend of promoting drinking water as a healthy lifestyle practice is invaluable to POU dealers. Another current trend is that office managers are enhancing the workplace to meet employees’ interests and boost morale.
Being able to offer hot water, cold, water, and ice are highly attractive perks. Many companies are also excited about the ability to offer coffee and ice tea to their employees.
10. Address concerns about health safety.
Most educated consumers are already familiar with the recent bacteria issues that have arisen in some POU’s. It is important to have sanitization options for cooler, including an ozone generator or UV system in the water coolers allows for daily sanitization and removes any concerns about natural bacteria growth.
Have a Customized Plan
Another way your business can outshine the others is to create a customized and fully thought-out proposal for potential customers.
Having a customized plan in place will immediately let the customer know that your staff are experts and can be trusted with their business. Here are some ideas about what to include the proposal:
- Match the water unit features to the needs of that particular workplace.
- Supply the decision-maker with whatever they need to communicate the features of the system and the health and wellness benefits of drinking water to the workplace population.
- Offer premium purification systems. Include advanced technologies, such as RO filtration and in-tank UV sanitization, and key machine certifications, such as UL and NSF.
- Provide for predictable budget management and predictable machine performance.
- Meet the needs of the workplace with a variety of water offerings when appropriate. This may include chilled, hot and sparkling water and often the addition of an ice solution.
- Offer and perform a quality installation that includes tapping into the building water supply, managing pressure issues, and installing leak prevention and detection systems.
- Create a service plan that ensures optimum machine performance over time through proactive, preventative maintenance. The plan should include filter changes, sanitization, and hot tank de-scaling when necessary. The workplace decision-maker overlooks many of these necessary tasks.
- Assure the decision-maker by clearly presenting warranties on equipment and insurance coverage in case of system failures.
- Have a system in place so you can respond to service needs, repairs, and emergencies to ensure minimum interruption of water service.
Quick, Hassle-Free Sale
As with most businesses, quality of product and service can make or break you. Remember, no two customers are exactly alike. Customize a sales pitch, treatment solution, and service around each specific account. Then, follow through with certified, proven equipment that has all the features needed to match the consumer’s needs.
We Can Help
That’s been our approach at The Waterways for over 20 years— and it works! It’s been important for us to go beyond delivering high-quality products.
We want to make the whole process easy and valuable for our customers too. We are committed to standing by you even after the purchase with:
- Technical support
- Prompt response times
That way you can run your business worry-free knowing Waterways is there when you need us.